What to know before you go
First time at Waxonomy? Don't worry, you're in good hands with our team! We want to make sure you're prepared coming into the salon. Here's everything you need to know before your first appointment.
- Let your hair do its thing, and leave it be! All hair must be at least a 1/4 of an inch long to wax (that's the size of a grain of rice), so don't shave any of your hairs before a wax.
- We love a good exfoliation, but avoid using any harsh scrubs the day of your wax. Instead, exfoliate one or two days before your wax appointment. You can use our Waxonomy scrub (use non-scented for the Brazilian area, or any other sensitive areas)!
- Shower before your wax if you're able to. If you can't, don't stress. We have wipes if you need them.
- Worried about pain? Take an Advil or Tylenol 30 minutes before your appointment.
- Come to the appointment wearing loose clothing. Tight clothing can cause unnecessary friction.
- Drink your water! Hydrated skin = happy skin. Avoid caffeine the day of your wax.
- Avoid lotions and oils the day of your appointment. They create a barrier between your skin and the wax, which can negatively affect your results.
- You may be tempted to moisturize or exfoliate after a wax, but don't! Your wax needs some time alone, so we suggest avoiding any lotions, oils, fragrances, and body wash 24 hours after.
- Avoid tanning beds, saunas, exercise, and hot tubs for 24 hours post wax. Sweating and heat can cause irritations that you definitely don't want after a wax.
- After the first 24 hours, you can exfoliate 3 times a week. We recommend using our scrub!
- Throw away that razor! Shaving between appointments can ruin your progress. Stay consistent with your waxing schedule and you'll have the best results!
Lash lifts & brow laminations
- Come to the appointment with a clean face free from any makeup or skincare. These products can affect the results of your service.
- If you use waterproof mascara regularly, avoid using it 2-3 days before your lash lift appointment.
- Avoid drinking any caffeine the day of your appointment. This may cause twitching in your eye or brow area, which can impact the service.
- Avoid getting your brows and lashes wet for 24 hours after either of these services. This includes showering, swimming, or sweating.
- Please do not apply makeup or skincare on or near the area for 24 hours. Your face should be clean and dry while the service sets.
- We recommend staying away from tanning, sun exposure, saunas, and exercise for 24 hours.